Wednesday, April 28, 2010

food inc

So many things can be said about Food Inc. It was eye opening and profound the way that our food is manufactured in America. At the same time it wasnt a huge surprise, at our hearts I think that most of us know where our food comes from, its just easier to ignore the sad truth and go on eating our disgusting food. I wonder though if it could still be done the other way, and if it were would the increase in price have a negative affect on the economy. I also wonder what the public reaction would be if meat packing were to be publicly outed. At the same time I was reminded of “The Jungle” by Upton Sinclair. It was referred to in the movie but I dont think it was given the attention it deserves. “The Jungle” shows a side of meat packing that when compared to even the modern horror, are nightmarish. If we did go back to the old way what negative or positive side effects would be placed upon our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment